The below are Mandatory and Recommended items for participation in the MTB program.
Recommended items are highly encouraged for a higher degree of safety and/or convenience.
- ASTM or ANSI certified Bike Helmet. This will have a Consumer Product Safety Commision (CPSC) sticker inside. (Helmets must be serviceable and in good repair!)
- Sunglasses or clear sport eye protective glasses
- Geared Mountain Bike w/ front suspension. Bikes can have full suspension, but are not necessary.
- Spare inner tube (two is optimal) that fits your size of tires
- Tire Levers
- Seat pack to carry, repair items
- Bke specific Water Bottle(s)
- Sneakers or Bike specific shoes
- Bike gloves- These can be short or full finger
- Small transportable pump or CO2 cartridge inflator
- Bike Multi-Tool
- Camelbak or similar small hydration backpack
- Cycling jersey and bike shorts
- Bike shoes w/ clipless pedals
Other "Nice to Have Items"
- Cycling Computer. Garmins are the most widely used cycling computer.